Why is my Huawei hanging up calls, putting calls on mute and playing music randomly?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I got a Huawei P10 1.5 years ago. As soon as I got bluetooth headphones, Google Assistant started popping up randomly whenever the headphones were connected and it was impossible to turn it off - it would just start repeating the sentences until I disconnected the headphones and turned off bluetooth. I tried turning off Google Assistant with all means, yet it kept asking me for 'permission' to listen etc, stopping my music (so I got an aux chord for the headphones to solve my worries). Yet, now my phone has started randomly putting my calls halfway through on mute whenever I am using headphones (both aux or bluetooth, tried with multiple different headphones and earphones and it always happens), so I have to unmute it, or worse, the phone hangs up my calls randomly. Sometimes it hangs up the call right when I have answered it. This happens whenever I am holding the phone or no, so I am definitely not 'accidentally' doing this. Also, whenever it hangs up a call, or even sometimes during the call, the phone starts playing Spotify music randomly (even though the app is closed), and even after I pause it, it will start again after some time. I am very frustrated this is happening - the phone is not even that old, and it has stopped fulfulling its only real purpose - making normal calls.

printszamundast

Sep 18, 2019
Visit site
I haven't - I tried turning it off / restarting it, and pushing the volume down button once the Huawei screen appears, yet there is no 'safe mode' sign once the phone has completely turned on. How should I turn on safe mode?