Why is my Message App not working?

Coppereppoc

Mar 27, 2020
Visit site
've been an Android/Samsung user for almost 2 years, entirely with the Galaxy s9+.
There are several pros and cons, however, I've been having an ongoing issue with my messages not sending to others (iPhone and Samsung), particularly in group chats.

I'll be engaged in a group chat -- sometimes throughout the day or for a few minutes -- and suddenly my outgoing messages stall.
As my messages get stuck trying to send, I also no longer receive incoming messages.
Moreover, the messages of the individuals who were a part of the relevant group chat come to my message inbox individually, but it only shows a subject box downloading.

I've read several other similar issues on Reddit, however, the solutions have not worked for me. I am no expert, nor well versed with all things Android/Samsung, but I have tried numerous tweaks and changes; restart, wipe cache, clear message cache, toggle with Auto roam settings (as one suggested), and so on. Again, I may be doing something wrong.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I am also having some minor problems with chat. Not receiving pics from time to time. Last night I turned off my wifi, and I got the picture that seemed to be stuck in the downloading mode.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
After the update I've been having trouble with txts not sending and then when they send 10 of the same message sends. And I noticed with people I send a pic to who have iPhone the pic doesn't send it takes a few tries before it sends.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I am also having some minor problems with chat. Not receiving pics from time to time. Last night I turned off my wifi, and I got the picture that seemed to be stuck in the downloading mode.
I cannot send pics in sms if I have weak cellular signal. They will not send via wifi. I usually turn off wifi in an attempt to help the cellular signal. It usually works.
This has been since smartphone day one, years ago, on verizon.
I think it's just how it is. MMS won't send via wifi.
Group texts are MMS. I don't know why, but they are.

wenso smith

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Restart Your Android Phone
Restarting device is the easiest way to fix the problem. Just restart your phone and see if your message app works properly and Clear Cache and Data in Message App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge