Why is my Nexus 5 screen flickering/turning off?

karlitt

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 5 Screen flickering/turning off

Hello. So ive owned my Nexus 5 now for about a year now, but recently when i turned my phone on and went to a random app the screen glitched out and froze. turned it off and on after but nothing but a black screen (back light comes on but screen still shows nothing but black). I'll also note i can feel the phone vibrating when i turn the phone on and off but just no visual.I went through about 20 reboots and wallah! phone turns on, BUT i got as far as the lock screen before it glitched out and the screen eventually going black(touchscreen still works while phone is functioning for like 5 seconds). It seems that when i leave the phone for a couple hours and try turning it out it will work with visuals as normal, but will quickly go crazy and start moving around and doing crazy stuff before it just goes black again. i had the screen replaced a couple months ago from a shady Asian shop where the dude didnt stick screen down properly but i dont know if thats the problem. Any help appreciated!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Screen flickering/turning off

Hello. So ive owned my Nexus 5 now for about a year now, but recently when i turned my phone on and went to a random app the screen glitched out and froze. turned it off and on after but nothing but a black screen (back light comes on but screen still shows nothing but black). I'll also note i can feel the phone vibrating when i turn the phone on and off but just no visual.I went through about 20 reboots and wallah! phone turns on, BUT i got as far as the lock screen before it glitched out and the screen eventually going black(touchscreen still works while phone is functioning for like 5 seconds). It seems that when i leave the phone for a couple hours and try turning it out it will work with visuals as normal, but will quickly go crazy and start moving around and doing crazy stuff before it just goes black again. i had the screen replaced a couple months ago from a shady Asian shop where the dude didnt stick screen down properly but i dont know if thats the problem. Any help appreciated!
If a connection is loose or damaged then that could cause a hardware problem to affect the software. If possible, try a factory reset and see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn't, then it's likely something related to the hardware that was damaged during the repair.

robmadriz

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello Karlitt.

I have the same problem, by now my phone has 1 year after bought and suddenly today start the same problem.. Before today my phone was working just perfect, it is the best phone ever manufactured in my opinion, I use it for everything and I take care of it like a baby, after 1 year and no scratches or dents, no screen break. So your screen repair is not the problem. I'm thinking the possibility of preconfigured problems after one year of usage the phone, this theory comes to my mind few years ago because I noted that after one year using phones, suddenly go with problems and eventually died. I don't know if is a manufacturing thing or by telephonic companies that can send any string to the background with the intention to damage the devices after one year, so everyone be obligated to buy new devices. If it is true I'll be making a several complaint!!! This is not acceptable...