Why is my not-used-for-a-year tablet suddenly freezing?

A

AC Question

Hi, I'd like to know what's most likely wrong with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 so I can buy the right replacement.

I hadn't used it for almost a year and when I charged and turned it on it worked as usual. Then I started playing some games and the touch became less and less responsive until the point the tablet was completely frozen. I couldn't access the menu or even turn it of.

So I hard reset it and plug it in the wall. The charging icon appeared and I waited until it was fully charged. When I turned it on it was again working flawlessly. However it didn't take long for the tablet to freeze again.

I slowly realized the touch starts to fail when the battery drops below 70%. It first start to be logy on the edges of the screen and advances to the rest of the screen until there's no response at all (this happens at 68% battery).

I factory reset the tablet twice but it didn't made any difference. I believe the problem resides in one of two options:

- The digitizer. It's my first suspect since the touch entirely depends on it. But I don't recall having dropped it lately. In the past I did dropped it many times but never suffered any issues.

- The battery. After a year with no usage at all it must have gone faulty for not being powered. But it doesn't discharge fast or seems swollen (didn't open the tablet but the back looks completely flat).

I really appreciate any help as I only have money for the replacement of one option.

Daniel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d