Why is my phone showing the wrong size of my microSD Card with Samsung S4?

cecarrier

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Wrong size microSD Card with Samsung S4

Hello!
I just inserted a 32 Go microSD Card (Sandisk) in my Samsung S4 Android 4.4.2. The card was in a Blackberry before. I emptied the card, then place it in my S4 and format it directly on the phone. Now it reads that the available space is 0,94Go and the size of the card is 0,94Go. What happened to my 32Go?
Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wrong size microSD Card with Samsung S4

It's partitioned into at least 2 partitions, only 1 of which is readable by the phone. Install AParted ( Sd card Partition ), delete all the partitions on the card, create 1 partition the size of the entire card and format it as FAT32.

If the card still won't give you over 0.94GB, look at SanDisk's website - SanDisk Technical Support - Welcome! They have a live chat (over on the right). They'll usually replace bad cards. (They cost more until you need help - then you save money, time and frustration.)

(I just noticed - I sent them a question on their report page on Sunday. I got an answer early yesterday afternoon. [I didn't check my email all day.])

cecarrier

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site

Thanks a lot for your reply. Unfortunately after installing Apartd, it says no sdcard device detected and ask for configuration. Then it requires me to type a path device dev/block/mmcblk1 and all it detect usbdisk.

I can't create or repair the card from what it look likes. But if I connect the phone on the computer, I can still copy files from computer to the card, so it's there....

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Format the SD Card in your computer or with a USB card reader! Then insert in phone! This seems to always work good for me!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity