Why is my phone stuck checking for updates after a factory reset?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I read through a few posts similar to this but didnt quite find what i was looking for. So my Wife has a Galaxy Express Prime 3 and i dont know WHAT she does with it, but she fills up its memory so fast that its crazy. she always does a factory reset and basically wipes it, takes it to 0, and starts over again. for context she has had the phone for maybe 8 months and has done this probably like 10-20 times. I have an express prime 2 and have never had to do this, because i dont fill up my memory to easily.

Well she restarted it again and this time it wont let her back in. When she turns it on, she has access to the "Lets get started" screen, and she can change the language, do an emergency call, or go to accessibility which has a few other options but nothing seems useful. the only other option is to continue. so we hit continue and it goes to the terms/conditions, privacy policy, all those things. we hit agree and continue. it asks us to connect to a specific Wifi (we have tried out home Wifi or just mobile data for this) and it then goes to the checking for updates screen. and it stays there. and stays there. and stays there. we have not been able to get past this, and all of the other above mentioned options do not seem to do anything to fix the problem. it has been left for more than 1 hour once to see if it would go eventually but it didnt. it says it could take a few minutes but after 3-5 minutes it gives a prompt saying if its taking to long to try a different Wifi. Well we have tried this multiple times, tried taking out the battery (it seems fine though), we have tried changing a few basic things just to see what happens but it always gets stuck here and we cant find a way to skip. any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-express-3/recovery-mode/

Tell your wife not to factory reset so often. There are probably other things she can do to try to free up storage without going as far as a hard reset. However, considering that the phone has only 16 GB of internal storage (of which probably only about 10 GB is available to the user), if your wife habitually installs a lot of apps, or uses apps that build up gigantic caches (like kik or Telegram), she can hit the low storage warning pretty quickly. It might be time to consider upgrading to a phone with at least 32 GB of internal storage (which these days is really the bare minimum if you want to use the phone for anything besides very basic functions like calls, texts, and web browsing).

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary