Why is my stepfather's passwords on my brother's phone and could this be dangerous?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, so a couple of days ago my brother got a notification saying some passwords were breached in Google. When he went to fix it, there were passwords from our stepfather [who is Director of Enterprise Architecture of IT] who we have had zero contact from for over 2 years except for court. In April, my mom, brother, and I went to my mom's and stepfather's house to retrieve some things and my brother connected to the wifi momentarily. Someone has already hacked my mother's gmail threw remote wifi. Our concern is that our stepfather [who is highly petty and just a horrible person] is in our wifi. There seems to be no signs of login history on my brother's account. Also, the passwords are ONLY on my brother's gmail account. If any other information is needed I am gladly comply. We are worried as bank stuff are some devices and we have no idea what could happen if the stepfather has compromised the wifi threw my brother's gmail account. If it does not seem so, is there any measures we should take to make sure he doesn't get in? Thank you for the help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's not clear where your brother was seeing these passwords. How do you know they were your stepfather's? The passwords themselves would never be displayed in plain text -- you'd only see asterisks (unless you're in your Google account's password manager in which case you'd have to enter your own Google account password to gain access and display a password).

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

A

Android Central Question

Edited: Why is my stepfather's passwords on my brother's phone and could this be dangerous?

Hi, so a couple of days ago my brother got a notification saying some passwords were breached in Google. When he went to fix it, there were passwords [we went to google settings to look at the sites that had user names and passwords that were linked to the account and there were some that had our stepfather's gmail with passwords for the sites saved in the gmail] from our stepfather [who is Director of Enterprise Architecture of IT] who we have had zero contact from for over 2 years except for court. In April, my mom, brother, and I went to my mom's and stepfather's house to retrieve some things and my brother connected to the wifi momentarily. Someone has already hacked my mother's gmail threw remote wifi. Our concern is that our stepfather [who is highly petty and just a horrible person] is in our wifi. There seems to be no signs of login history on my brother's account. Also, the passwords are ONLY on my brother's gmail account. If any other information is needed I am gladly comply. We are worried as bank stuff are some devices and we have no idea what could happen if the stepfather has compromised the wifi threw my brother's gmail account. If it does not seem so, is there any measures we should take to make sure he doesn't get in? Thank you for the help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay