Why is my volume randomly changing?

Lammo

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Volume randomly changing

Ever since updating my LG 4 on Verizon to Marshmallow the volume on the device has decided to randomly adjust itself. I am in court for hours at a time and always turn my volume down. Several times I have found that the device has turned its volume back up. So far it has only sounded once and, thankfully, I was out in the hallway but this is beyond annoying (there are some judges who will confiscate any phone that rings). Anyone else having a similar issue?

Lammo

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Volume randomly changing

Does not appear to be available on my LG G4 (your link applies to Nexus devices as best I can tell).

I have started turning the volume control down to "silence" but I don't know if I can trust that either. If I turn the volume all the way down and don't touch the volume keys shouldn't the volume stay where I set it? Also, it seems that I don't get vibration notices of text messages or incoming calls when turned all the way down.

Last edited:

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Volume randomly changing

Does not appear to be available on my LG G4 (your link applies to Nexus devices as best I can tell).

I have started turning the volume control down to "silence" but I don't know if I can trust that either. If I turn the volume all the way down and don't touch the volume keys shouldn't the volume stay where I set it? Also, it seems that I don't get vibration notices of text messages or incoming calls when turned all the way down.

Interesting. I assumed that it applied to Marshmallow in general.