Why is our s5 using data up at almost the same time everyday?

boxingfan36

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
My wife actually owns and has the phone, so I can't look at settings right now, but many days usually early morning around 1 am and then around 5:30-6 am, etc it's using about the same amount of data each time. I know she's not awake at 1 am and hardly ever at 5:30 unless she has to go into work early. Has anyone else had this issue? The phone is set for wifi when it's close and our wifi works fine throughout the house, so I don't think it's that. She uses facebook a lot, but I don't think that would use up that much data per session would it? It's usually anywhere from 22-50 mbs at a time.. but each day they are all about the same time, and about same data amount... this is according to myverizon.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you have WiFi at home (and it's set to stay awake even when the phone is on standby) then that shouldn't happen. But if WiFi is getting disconnected and it's around the same time, it might be an app that's backing data up or syncing something every night.

However, if this is reported by MyVerizon, it can also be that it's data that is tallied only at the end of the day, at the same time. If your usage per day is about the same, that's why you see it in the same range. It's like bank transactions. Sometimes it takes a few hours, sometimes a few days for something to show up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen