Why is Smart Lock not unlocking my phone at home, despite being configured to do so?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have Google's smart lock trusted places feature my factory unlocked Samsung galaxy note 8 smartphone (on Verizon network if it matters) currently configured to unlock my phone when I'm at home. However, it does not do so. What is strange is that after setting my home location in the smart lock trusted places, I go back to check to make sure that the location was saved and it doesn't display the address or the red pin with the blue dotted circle around it. Instead, it just shows my current area without any pin or blue circle. In contrast, my other Google account does show my home location properly. I believe that this is related to the issue of it not unlocking my phone. I can show a screenshot of what I'm describing if needed, but I don't see a way to attach one to this post. I've tried deleting the home location and restarting my phone and deleting the cache partition which I read may help. I've also added coordinates for my home as another trusted place, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Trusted Places is flaky. I've noticed, with my phone just sitting on the table, it goes from safe to unsafe (without my moving, so it's not me either). Try Geofence Tracker Tasker. You can set the location and the radius, and set more than one place that's trusted. And it works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol