Why is the battery meter so inaccurate?

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I have been moderatley using my phone from about 9:30 am to about 11pm and the blue battery meter still showed that there was a little less than 3/4 battery full. But when i plugged the phone in, the big battery meter only showed that i had 1/4 battery left. any way to fix this?

sinfony78

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
the thread called Battery Drain Ridiculous on this page might help, which talks about battery calibration, which looks like you need to do if you switched ROMs or Kernels (on most types, anyway).

download quick battery and then you can get a more accurate read of your battery percentage rather than that stupid meter which shows 100% full until you are 79%

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have been moderatley using my phone from about 9:30 am to about 11pm and the blue battery meter still showed that there was a little less than 3/4 battery full. But when i plugged the phone in, the big battery meter only showed that i had 1/4 battery left. any way to fix this?

Besides the battery meter (stock) not reflecting the true accuracy of the battery it is also done in 10% increments so that throws off the visual reading of the battery meter. Any of the battery meters out there in 1% increments are the way to go for true visual accuracy.

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Besides the battery meter (stock) not reflecting the true accuracy of the battery it is also done in 10% increments so that throws off the visual reading of the battery meter. Any of the battery meters out there in 1% increments are the way to go for true visual accuracy.

Exactly. There are some sweet battery mods for the notification bar. You can also download Battery Widget from the Market. I used that for a couple of months to see the true percentage of my battery. But if you get a battery icon mod for the notification bar, that would be one less widget on your screen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franzmorais