Why is the clipboard not available in the body of Gmail when using Samsung S7?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

The clipboard is available (on the keyboard) when the cursor is placed on the subject line for Gmail, but not available (on the keyboard) when the cursor is placed in the body of the email. This is inconvenient since one cannot paste content saved on the clipboard into the body of Gmail.

Also, I have found that the "Settings" icon is not available on the keyboard.
Is there a fix for this problem?
BTW, I downloaded the latest software upgrades for the S7, but this problem persists.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The clipboard is available (on the keyboard) when the cursor is placed on the subject line for Gmail, but not available (on the keyboard) when the cursor is placed in the body of the email. This is inconvenient since one cannot paste content saved on the clipboard into the body of Gmail.

Also, I have found that the "Settings" icon is not available on the keyboard.
Is there a fix for this problem?
BTW, I downloaded the latest software upgrades for the S7, but this problem persists.
Hi, welcome to AC forums, me or other members would be happy to assist you but if we need to ask additional questions you'll need to register as a member to respond . I'll provide a link to register so you can reply and communicate with us .https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. The only access you have to the keyboard when there's something in it (it won't work if there isn't) is long-pressing the text box. You'll get a Paste popup (or, maybe, in a Samsung phone, a choice of things to paste, if there's more than one). Paste. That's it. The only access to the clipboard in any computer is copy, cut and paste. (See Clipboard for an explanation.)

2. The keyboard settings are in Settings > System > Languages. Keyboards & input, if you want to change something.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the Gmail app, or the stock Email app? Are you long-pressing an empty part of the email Compose section when you want to paste text? It works fine in the Gmail app on my Pixel 3 XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174