Why is the Contact list stuck in Updating?

A

AC Question

Why is the Contact list stuck in Updating

Phone's OS was just upgraded to lollipop. Now the contact list appears to be stuck in updating status. Have powered down the phone done several times. Removed the battery but it hasn't resolved the issue. Unable to see the names only phone numbers. Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why is the Contact list stuck in Updating

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Are your contacts associated with your Google account? Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account]--​are there any sync errors?

latifa001

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

What if your contacts are only stored on the phone and not in your Gmail? Clearing data or factory restart erases every contact I assume. Stopping or starting synch. doesn't help. Is there a solution for this scenario whilst keeping your contacts that are only stored on the phone?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

What if your contacts are only stored on the phone and not in your Gmail? Clearing data or factory restart erases every contact I assume. Stopping or starting synch. doesn't help. Is there a solution for this scenario whilst keeping your contacts that are only stored on the phone?

Well I would set my contacts in the Gmail account and then reset. If your contacts are in Gmail, no matter what happens with your phone or if you get a new one, your contacts are always on Gmail.