Why is the EVO View so expensive?

vinniemac

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
$399 is $200 more than the Galaxy tab and only $100 cheaper than a wifi-only Flyer.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand this price point? I really like it, (and have agonized over buying it) but $299 with free stylus really seems to be the highest price point where this tablet makes sense.

Please, someone correct my thinking if it is wrong...

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Love mine too.

If you can't see paying now, simply wait a few more months. The price will eventually go lower - it usually does.

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
$399 is $200 more than the Galaxy tab and only $100 cheaper than a wifi-only Flyer.

If your comparing the View and the Galaxy Tab.... That's an easy one!

1. The Galaxy Tab is just about a year old. The View is just over a month old.

2. The Tab has an older, slower and weaker processor. The View has a much newer processor and is fast stable and runs Sense 2.1 and should be able to run Android 3.x in the future. The Tab outside of the dev community, most likely will never see Android 3.x.

3. And the screen on the Tab is about half as good.

Now the View vs. Flyer... Hell that's an easy one to.

1. The Flyer has 16GB's of internal storage. The View has 32GB's of internal storage.

2. The View comes with a free stylus (till September). The Flyer... You have to buy it, that knocks off another 80$.

3. Yes when you purchase a View you have to sign up of a new contract. But it is nice to have 3G and 4G with out having to either pay another 30$ a month to Sprint for their hotspot, having to tether from your phone or always worrying about finding a WiFi hotspot.

4. With the View, you can text messag. Now I know someone will chime in and say "You can text message with the Tab, just use Gtalk." Still have to be connected to the internet to use Gtalk.

5. The View is Black, and the Flyer is kind of a off white color. This is really more of a personal thing but, in black the View just looks more professional to me.

If your really cool with and find a higher up manager you might be able to get them to let you add it as another line for 10$ a month. I got lucky when I bought mine and that's the deal I got, Unlimited 4G, 3G and text messages for an extra 10$ a month.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand this price point? I really like it, (and have agonized over buying it) but $299 with free stylus really seems to be the highest price point where this tablet makes sense.

Corrected????

Viewing It

vinniemac

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Further thoughts:

1.) Not a dual core processor. Seems laggier than EVO 3D as a result. Faster than the Tab? Yes. But still same generation.
2.) Not honeycomb (yet).
3.) $399 buys you a 10.1" dual core Honeycomb WiFi tablet these days.

I keep reading reviews, and they seem to point out a lot of things that I'm thinking. Not a bad effort by HTC, but same price will get you something better. I fully understand why the View costs more than the Tab. I don't understand why the View costs double the Tab.

That said, the stylus feature is what would sell me on this one...

Ah well, always time to wait and see... Especially to see if/when Honeycomb drops and what the price does.

If your comparing the View and the Galaxy Tab.... That's an easy one!

1. The Galaxy Tab is just about a year old. The View is just over a month old.

2. The Tab has an older, slower and weaker processor. The View has a much newer processor and is fast stable and runs Sense 2.1 and should be able to run Android 3.x in the future. The Tab outside of the dev community, most likely will never see Android 3.x.

3. And the screen on the Tab is about half as good.

Now the View vs. Flyer... Hell that's an easy one to.

1. The Flyer has 16GB's of internal storage. The View has 32GB's of internal storage.

2. The View comes with a free stylus (till September). The Flyer... You have to buy it, that knocks off another 80$.

3. Yes when you purchase a View you have to sign up of a new contract. But it is nice to have 3G and 4G with out having to either pay another 30$ a month to Sprint for their hotspot, having to tether from your phone or always worrying about finding a WiFi hotspot.

4. With the View, you can text messag. Now I know someone will chime in and say "You can text message with the Tab, just use Gtalk." Still have to be connected to the internet to use Gtalk.

5. The View is Black, and the Flyer is kind of a off white color. This is really more of a personal thing but, in black the View just looks more professional to me.

If your really cool with and find a higher up manager you might be able to get them to let you add it as another line for 10$ a month. I got lucky when I bought mine and that's the deal I got, Unlimited 4G, 3G and text messages for an extra 10$ a month.

Corrected????

Viewing It

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

See the reason in bold above, people really like it so they'll pay for it. :) Remember size doesn't always dictate price, in this case I'd pay extra for the right size device not settling for something larger than I want.

vinniemac

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
See the reason in bold above, people really like it so they'll pay for it. :) Remember size doesn't always dictate price, in this case I'd pay extra for the right size device not settling for something larger than I want.
I think the fact that Sprint is selling this thing for only $199 for their EPRP customers shows that there is an unreasonably high markup on this device...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLegend