Why is Verizon trying to now charge for NFL Mobile Live?

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Has always worked in the past for free. Now they want 5 bucks a month to use it. No thanks. Is this just an error, or are they really taking this away?

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Last year was free for LTE phones. This year they're charging for it. And I think last year they were charging $10 for 3g phones.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Last year was free for LTE phones. This year they're charging for it. And I think last year they were charging $10 for 3g phones.

Seriously, NFL Network is about 90% YAWN. I'd use the app for free, but not sure I would pay for it. Games might be good here and there, but not so sure I'd want to watch on a cell phone screen at a premium price :mad:

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just agree to the charge and cancel the day after the game is over. They will charge you a prorated amount of the $5 or $10. Paying $0.33 per day (Sunday, Monday, or Thursday) is worth it.

Silent Patriot

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Verizon W(e kill any product that people really want and like and replace it with crap and charge you mucho dinero for it)ireless

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much what was said... they're a business, that's how they get you hooked. Give something free for a bit, take it away, see if you'll pay for it. Standard :)

abdon_junbug

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
That's how it normally is unless you pay.

Last year they gave the premium stuff for free in order to promote LTE.

Seems the free ride is over :(

I used to watch highlights on nfl.com to get around paying. I was using my DInc last year on 3G (I would usually use WiFi though).
Any other device with a browser can go to nfl.com and watch videos. Just not devices sold by Verizon. Not even on Wifi!

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
That's Verizon's way to Nickle and dime you to death, former user here. That's one of the reasons why I left them.

sent from my Evo4LTE

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Why cant you remove it from your phone?
Because it's Verizon bloatware, and the NFL pays them to make it stay on your phone hoping that you'll pay for it.

That's Verizon's way to Nickle and dime you to death, former user here. That's one of the reasons why I left them.
sent from my Evo4LTE
Vzn is all about little fees. I really wish that someone else where I live had 3G and I'd leave in a heartbeat. Tmobile was cheaper but no 3G. I'm stuck with Vzn. They allowed some bloatware to appear on my wife's phone and billed $10/month for like 8 months before we caught it. They couldn't even tell her what it was or where it came from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexa soundzen