Why isn't my contacts app or GMail app listing Outlook contacts in the search?

lwpkthread

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Contacts App or GMail App is not listing outlook contacts in the search

Hi All,
Problem:
I am using Nexus 5X with OTA update to MDB08I (Android M/6.0). After configuring my work account (Exchange), I found that contacts search will not display any information from Exchange server.
Background/Details:
I looked at Accounts for Exchange account settings, and found that Sync Contacts is enabled.
Search for the contact or e-mail doesn't list details from Exchange server on Nexus 5X (contact details exists in the Exchange Server) in the following scenarios.
1. A contact search in the Contacts App (Stock Android App). It used to list the contact match in Nexus 5 (Stock 4.4->OTA-4.4.x->...>OTA-5.x) as Directory Listings and then person contact details.
2. Type a name/email address in GMail (Stock Android App) app compose screen. It used to list the Name and E-mail address in Nexus 5 (Stock 4.4->OTA-4.4.x->...>OTA-5.x).

Is any one facing this issue?
Can some one help me to resolve this issue (if they have a work-around or solution)?
If there is no work-around or solution at this moment, can some one point me to the Android bug page (I searched for the bug pages and developer discussion pages but couldn't find the proper listings)?

Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Contacts App or GMail App is not listing outlook contacts in the search

Welcome to Android Central! In the Contacts app, tap Menu>Contacts to Display. Is All Contacts selected, or Customize?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

When you said you looked at Accounts, do you mean Settings>Accounts​, in the main System Settings?

lwpkthread

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site

Yes. Settings and Accounts and Exchange. Under the exchange account I see emails, contacts and calendar selected for sync

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

lwpkthread

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site

Thank you. exporting to csv is a good one. But the problem will be the Outlook contacts should be exported regularly (every day probably due to updates in the organization). I will wait till next update and see if that changes. If it doesn't, then I should consider having Android L instead of Android M.

Yuan Yu T

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site

Thank you. exporting to csv is a good one. But the problem will be the Outlook contacts should be exported regularly (every day probably due to updates in the organization). I will wait till next update and see if that changes. If it doesn't, then I should consider having Android L instead of Android M.

Hey I believe I found a solution. In the setup for outlook app there's an "account" session, where you can enable the app to sync the contacts. It appears that the synchronizing requires authorization from both apps.