Why isn't my Note 3 Neo updating?

wiggit

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Note 3 neo not updating pls help

I bought my note 3 neo in Spain this year. It is running 4.3. I want to upgrade to 4.4.4. I live in the UK. Kies says it has latest update installed and I can see it is the Spanish release. How do I get it to install a UK version or a Spanish release later than 4.3. All help and guidance much appreciated. I am a newbie.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 3 neo not updating pls help

if you're a "noobie" then I would say wait for the update to get pushed to you. To get the 4.4 update you want, you would have to do some fairly risky things to your phone which WILL void any warranty you have left, and there is a possibility of you making a mistake and turning your phone into a completely useless piece of plastic and glass. First step would be to root your device, and then once that is done you can install a custom ROM (custom software) which is based off 4.4 instead of 4.3.

Be warned - "rooting" your phone will void your warranty. There is also the risk of making a mistake (either while rooting, or while installing custom software) that will render your phone useless, with no way to recover it.

IF you still want to do this, please please please do your research first. Make sure you fully understand the risks of rooting your device. Read these articles, and then do some more reading before just jumping in.

Rooting is not BAD, evil, or illegal. But there are some very real risks involved with it. Consider this my warning before you go any further!

Rooting - is it for me? Some Q&A | Android Central

There is no magic in root | Android Central

Editorial: Sometimes, root isn’t the answer | Android Central

wiggit

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for a thorough reply. I take on board all you say about rooting and since I don't want to brick it, ill take your advice and wait. How do I find out when it is likely to be pushed and does the isp (virgin) make any difference?

Posted via the Android Central App

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

Updates work like this: A new version of Android is released. The phone manufacturers then take that version and alter it (known as a skin. Samsung's skin is called TouchWiz.) once the manufacturer is done, and they've tested it, then the carrier adds features and apps as well, and does more testing to make sure it all works. After all that, then they start rolling it out to the consumer (you). And that's assuming that at some point (before, during, or after all the testing) that the device isn't worth upgrading. Honestly the best info for an update timeline would be your carrier, or keep an eye on forums for your specific device, meaning the Note3 Neo on the carrier you purchased it from.

Hope this makes sense. Android OS updates have always been somewhat of a messy thing, some devices get updates sooner then others. Some manufacturers seem to be better/faster at pushing out updates then others. Cheaper or less popular devices may not get updated at all, while popular devices may see at least one major OS update along with any minor updates.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

Oh yeah, and do read a lot about rooting. It is very interesting (to me) and there are certainly advantages to having a rooted device, even if you stay on a stock version OS. You can install custom roms but it's up to you - there are probably many to choose from for your N3 Neo. I am not against rooting, but I wanted to make sure the risks were clear before you jumped into something without being fully aware. Have a good day

AlfieBriggs

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site

It's not coming I put 4.4.2 on my Note 3 Neo fairly simple process.

Posted via my Note 3 running KitKat 4.4.2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Tech