Why isn't my phone working by now (Sony Xperia Zl)?

bageltothemax

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
why isn't my phone working by know? (sony xperia zl)

i spilled water on my phone and turned it on to see if it was working (it wasn't a lot of water) and it was for a while then it turned off, then i put it in rice and a few hours later checked it and tried backing it up, only like 70 pictures made it before it stopped working again, then after 2 days here i am with my non working phone, won't charge, won't be recognized by the computer, earlier water was in the cameras and now i see that there isn't so it must be internally dry. any ideas how i can back it up now or make it work again? thank you

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why isn't my phone working by know? (sony xperia zl)

then i put it in rice
The only better way to kill a phone is to drive over it a few times.

The rice absorbs the water, concentrating the impurities that were in it, allowing them to destroy the circuitry faster than if the phone stayed wet. Read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!

any ideas how i can back it up now or make it work again? thank you
Nope. Now you buy a new phone.

(This is why they invented backups - electronic devices fail, but the odds of your phone, your computer, your cloud account server and their off-site backup all failing at the same moment are probably greater than the number of sub-atomic particles in the universe.)

bageltothemax

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: why isn't my phone working by know? (sony xperia zl)

later on my phone started vibrating and charged for like 2 minutes and shut off again, now what?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seroo