Why links are always opened with chrome

Amar007

Jul 4, 2022
Visit site
I recently updated my phone to android 12 and everything is fine.

Until I discovered that links are always opened with chrome and I can't reset the app preferences.

When I click on a link in any other app I want the system to show me open with ... pop-up to select the app that I want

I'm running android 12 on Samsung galaxy A31 from 2020

Amar007

Jul 4, 2022
Visit site
Why can't you reset app preference?

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Hi.

Actually I did reset app preferences but nothing changed.

Other apps are set to defaut and every time it asks me what app I want to continue with, except chrome it opens automatically.

Thank you for responding.

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi.

Other apps are set to defaut and every time it asks me what app I want to continue with, except chrome it opens automatically.

Welcome to AC!
You using chrome or Samsung internet as your default browser?

Amar007

Jul 4, 2022
Visit site
I just want the system when i click on a link shows a pop-up message that tels me open with ... and it shows me the different app that I have installed .

I don't know if you have understood me

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

Welcome to the forums. That behaviour came with Android 12 where unverified links always open in your default browser. If you want to get the old selection popup I think you need to use a third party app.

Also, letting apps to open external links needs two steps in your settings. First you need to enable the 'Open supported links' and then you need to select them in the 'Supported web addresses' option. For example, this is for the Android Central Forums app. But, again, this won't give you the selection menu to open links.
Screenshot_20220704-181744_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220704-181936_Settings.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
With Android 12 there been some changes , what I learn with app reset preference it takes time and reboot to ask which app to be used so in your case you want option which browser to choose between correct?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar