Why my phone disabled the SIM card options

Luis Rojas4

Oct 20, 2022
Visit site
Since three days ago, I'm not able to access the SIM cards configuration panel, therefore I don't have any signal. It isn't a recognition problem, it's like the sim cards doesn't even exist on my phone and so do the options

Luis Rojas4

Oct 20, 2022
Visit site
It's an old device Blu Studio C Android 5.0 lollipop. Regarding the sim card, it's not that old, I bought it three months ago, I think the card's not the problem since I have another sim card with no use on my phone, the issue I have here is that I can't even see the symbol of the signal on my screen, and when I go to configuration and go to the sim card options, it's all unavailable, like blocked

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's an old device Blu Studio C Android 5.0 lollipop. Regarding the sim card, it's not that old, I bought it three months ago, I think the card's not the problem since I have another sim card with no use on my phone, the issue I have here is that I can't even see the symbol of the signal on my screen, and when I go to configuration and go to the sim card options, it's all unavailable, like blocked
Welcome to AC!
A device being that old and Android version probably your carrier doesn't support it

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

SIM cards can fail without notice, just like SD cards. Since you don't have another device to test the SIM card on, the first step would be to contact your carrier and ask for a replacement SIM (or go to the carrier store, if possible, and have them test it out there). If the SIM card still works, then maybe there's a problem with the phone's SIM slot -- you can try cleaning the SIM reader by blowing it out with a can of compressed air, and swabbing the contacts with rubbing alcohol (if the contacts are accessible).

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Another possibility is that your phone is no longer capable of supporting your carrier's HD Voice or VoLTE (what they call it varies by carrier). If that's the case the two solutions would be get a newer device or get a different carrier. However, the latter option might be impossible if no carriers support your device.

Additionally, most apps will be deprecated for Android 5.0 Lollipop if they aren't already, since that OS is so old.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
So, any advice?

AT&T became the last carrier to shut down all non VoLTE capable phones, which they did just recently, so no one is supporting those phones anymore. My 2016 pixel running Android 10 and 2015 Moto X Pure Edition running Android 7 are now both paper weights. I'm guessing yours is now in the same boat :-\

If you're with AT&T they'll give you a free phone to replace yours, but it'll most likely be a budget phone. But a free working phone is better than no phone ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma