why there is NO upgrade for motorola triumph?

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The title say it all. Comment? I paid $275 from BB and thought I got a upscale smartphone. While all my friends are running at least gingerbread, and we are still stuck with 2.2.2. WHY? I am very upset. Yes, yes, yes, one can use CM7 mod. But how about those less techie, we are just as loyal.

bun

anon(395747)

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Virgin Mobile USA and Motorola may or may not officially release Gingerbread for our phones.

And it only takes you about 5 minutes of your time to install CM7. Literally. Just don't mess anything up.

Madjusty Mom

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Because its prepaid, that how things are nowadays so .....either don't complain or hack the phone.

Wow, thanks so much for this helpful info! I was under the impression that this was a forum for discussing questions and comments regarding anything android...why waste your time posting ignorant, useless drivel like this?

VirginMobileGuy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow, thanks so much for this helpful info! I was under the impression that this was a forum for discussing questions and comments regarding anything android...why waste your time posting ignorant, useless drivel like this?

I also had forgotten about my android central community sorry guys but there has been rumors about the triumph releasing gingerbread just wait for it guys

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
the rumor the guy above me posted also said that it should be upgradable to ICS as well after a while. I say return the triumph and borrow someone's old VM phone till its released. Also I will note the triumph is a beautiful phone. And except for my job(cnc) I'm clueless when it comes to tech and a friend walked me through the install of. Cm7.2. If you like I could help you. :)

triumphme

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Ill have to go to my father inlaws to use his comp could you guide me through it? Does it really really take 5 mins

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Android Central Forums

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Read all you can first. You don't wanna go through it without knowing what your getting into

Sent from your mom's phone.

triumphme

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Honesty ID just want to update the prl to get a better connection this phone does everything I need it to

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to triumphme, but virgin mobile phones do not allow roaming of any-kind. It really sucks but. I know it's super tempting to try but I think it's one of those things you can get kicked off for doing too.

That aside, I know of a few links that are great, and this guy has a TON of Triumph stuff: Motorola Triumph Hacks, Mods, Reviews and More - YouTube
^that's all dedicated triumph stuff. It is rather quick if you know what you're doing, but reading the how to-s and watching videos are HIGHLY recommended so you don't screw up your phone, but it's more time consuming.

triumphme

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Yea well I live in altoona pa when I do the speed test its horribly slow the needle barely moves it says it connects to a server in state college 40 mins away and when in up there I can watch videos now if I had a sprint 1st priority prl wouldn't I be connected to a closer server? That's all I want is to be able to watch youtube or whatever with out 20 minute lag on a 4 minute video ya know

triumphme

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Yea i tried but not having internet with my comp i pit together i downloaded yhe cwm with my phone but it never would boot into clock work at one point it just vibrated with a black screen so i just put it back together

triumphme

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Ill teether my phone to the computer then download files to my sd has anyone had success by dowmloading cwm files with the phonethen transfering them to a computer

triumphme

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok I got it I did download e erything with my phone I had a messed up cwm but got it from the utube dude thanks guys works fine

Sent from my Triumph using Android Central Forums

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Glad you got it working, and I did just get a text from VM yesterday about a privacy policy change. It looks like in July they may start allowing roaming. I'll make a post of it.

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hacking up the Triumph is very easy. If you need additional info, try AndroidForums ( part of the Phandroid site). An option for you may be to take it back to BB, and ask if you can get trade in value
on an upgrade to another phone. Take a good look at the HTC EVO V, the HTC One V, and the new Samsung phone. I heard of folks doing this, so good luck if you try this route.

Sugar Bear1

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
5 minutes my a$$ I've recieve 4 replacements since mar. of 2012. yet paid 300 bucks for this phone. and never ever have i had a simple cm7 installation. i always loose HOURS out of my life. and the last time i did it, my triumph stopped recieving and making calls, it would just reboot. if i answered a phone CALL, it would reboot. 3g constantly dropped. the only thing i was able to edit about the boot graphics what muting the "to get started, press the enter effing key." and this was with the newest cm7. what is the point of hacking your phone if only to clock it????? and have bloatware deleted if youtube flickers in portrait mode. and yet gingerbread is now about obsolete itself!!!! I demand that us loyal MT users get upgraded. 300 to pay another sum of money a year later, 4 replacements later. in cm7 tons of apps crashed. lagged. such a great phone, but motorola held it back from its true potential. WTF!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali