why won't my samsung galaxy s7 charge from my portable charger anymore?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

recently my phone has been having charging problems it is no longer fast charging, only charging from certain plugs and no longer charging from either of my portable chargers

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That could be a bad charging port (not uncommon in microUSB ports), bad cord(s), bad chargers. The way to troubleshoot that is to use a known-good cable with a known-good fast charger and see if, when the battery is down to 40%, it fast charges.

Then, if it does, eliminate the other cords and chargers.

If it doesn't, it has to go into a repair shop.

(If you notice that wiggling the plug causes charging to start and stop, first stop wiggling it, and second get the charging port replaced.)

JackRussell

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
That could be a bad charging port (not uncommon in microUSB ports), bad cord(s), bad chargers. The way to troubleshoot that is to use a known-good cable with a known-good fast charger and see if, when the battery is down to 40%, it fast charges.

Then, if it does, eliminate the other cords and chargers.

If it doesn't, it has to go into a repair shop.

(If you notice that wiggling the plug causes charging to start and stop, first stop wiggling it, and second get the charging port replaced.)

The first thing I did when I got my S7 was to get a couple of wireless charging pads. I rarely use the USB port.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12