Why won't my wifi connect unless I turn off Mobile Data on Galaxy Alpha?

pennywaltz

May 19, 2014
Visit site
My wifi won't connect unless I turn off Mobile Data on Galaxy Alpha

I am a new Android convert from iOS... I just picked up the Galaxy Alpha.

So I have typed in my wifi password, instead of saying "Connected" it is saying "turned off" But when I turn off my mobile data, the phone connects to my wifi... Is there a way to keep my phone on wifi so I don't eat up all my data?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My wifi won't connect unless I turn off Mobile Data on Galaxy Alpha

That's probably a carrier preference. They have the phone built so it uses mobile data if it's available and turned on. (They can't charge you for overage on wifi.)

Jason Carnell

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Used 90% of my data in less than 24 hours setting up my phone before I figured out what was happening. Fxcking bullshxt. I'm returning this thing tomorrow.

j4m11k62

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site

I have a similar problem. However, my wifi always connects immediately after I reboot the phone and it will continue to connect to wifi all day until I go to work for the day. Then when I come home it refuses to connect to wifi until I reboot the phone again. It's kind of annoying to have to reboot the phone every day. The same thing happens with other wifi networks to which I regularly connect. This happened after I had to reset the phone to factory default to cure a problem with file system corruption on my external SD card (that's a whole 'nother story). Based on the symptoms, I suspect that there is a parameter in one of the configuration files that controls how long the phone keeps looking for a wifi connection after it loses the connection due to moving out of range. However, I have not tried disabling mobile data to see if the phone will connect to wifi mostly because my phone did not behave this way before the factory reset. I will try that and see if it works this evening after work.

rstout76

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

Had the same problem. I did a factory reset and skipped the AT&T crap at the beginning and it hasn't been a problem again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krumplycelloids