Wi-Fi Hotspot hack question...

moviemogul

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey, bear with me here as I am new to the Droid scene. I understand there is a way to make the Droid act as a Wi-Fi Hotspot.

2 questions.

First, could someone link me to the procedure?

and Second, in theory, by it acting as a wi-fi hotspot, could I connect my ipod touch via wi-fi and surf/use apps, etc?

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I would like to know the answer to his second question. Tried connecting my psp to my Droid but my psp couldn't find it.

If no one has replied with the answer by this weekend I will gladly do some research. My neighbor is having issues with connecting his PSP to his home network and asked me to see about helping him. So I will see if I can come up with a solution then.

weirdkid

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Yes, you can connect an iPod touch to your wireless tether. I also tried connecting my PS3 but it wouldn't find it.

Here's a link to the page with the .apk which you can just install with any App manager.
android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

You can also set it up so that only the people you choose can connect, based on their MAC address. I tried the Network Password but that didn't seem to work.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I already have the program but now I'm getting a force close error everyone I open it...

This was the whole reason why I rooted and now I can't even use it.