Widgets Glowing?

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
So anyone else who has picked up a bionic - have you noticed your widgets glowing? I've noticed that when I flip through the different screens all the widgets appear to intensify and glow, and then simmer back to normal. If you have the stock layout, try flipping to the screen that has the google search bar and watch it. Mine glows very bright when I switch screens. Also I have observed that it will sometimes pulse even if I don't change screens...almost like it's alive...

I'm sure this must be built in, but is everyone else's bionic doing this too?

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
So anyone else who has picked up a bionic - have you noticed your widgets glowing? I've noticed that when I flip through the different screens all the widgets appear to intensify and glow, and then simmer back to normal. If you have the stock layout, try flipping to the screen that has the google search bar and watch it. Mine glows very bright when I switch screens. Also I have observed that it will sometimes pulse even if I don't change screens...almost like it's alive...

You got the one that's self-aware. Bury it in 10 feet of concrete before it's too late.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Yes. It is normal. Droid 3 has it too. You can press and hold Motorola widgets and move them around for a 3D effect as well

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Menu>Settings>Display>Animation

Once you tap on Animation, tap on “No animations” to make your phone even faster.

Per Droid-Life

Reactions: Jeff43

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Once you tap on Animation, tap on “No animations” to make your phone even faster.

Per Droid-Life
There's a noticeable shimmer. At first I thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me, but it was just the widgets glowing haha. Moto definitely went overboard with the details, but its definitely a change from the half-assedness of Blur.

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

Once you tap on Animation, tap on ?No animations? to make your phone even faster.

Per Droid-Life

Turning off animations doesn't stop the shimmer. I dont think you can turn them off. I've had the thunderbolt for the last six months and I'm trying to get used to this thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692