WIFI Sleep policy not working properly

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else noticing that wifi is off when the screen turns off? I have the sleep policy set to never turn off, but it is still doing it. Never had the problem with my EVO.

MrLee

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Just curious, where's the option in the menus?

I downloaded Android Notifier (was testing it with my desktop before)...and that app gave me the option to set the wifi sleep policy. I set it to never turn off wifi.

It's working, because I was using FileExpert's FTP server to transfer files via wifi between my desktop and the phone with the screen turned off.

EDIT: I found the sleep policy option, under Wifi settings > [Menu] > Advanced. I used Android Notifier's settings before I found this, so I'm not sure if that makes any difference.

Last edited:

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else noticing that wifi is off when the screen turns off? I have the sleep policy set to never turn off, but it is still doing it. Never had the problem with my EVO.

What battery settings are you using? Menu/Settings/Battery Manager/Battery Mode

If it's not in performance mode, give that a shot and see if it changes anything. I don't know if this setting overrides the the one in the wifi settings or not.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
What battery settings are you using? Menu/Settings/Battery Manager/Battery Mode

If it's not in performance mode, give that a shot and see if it changes anything. I don't know if this setting overrides the the one in the wifi settings or not.

Nice thought, I was in night saver mode. It didn't say anything about WIFI but I did switch to performance mode. Will report back.

MrLee

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine was set to performance mode too. I just tried the phone portal via wifi, with the screen turned off.

It works too.

Hope yours would work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennygreene