Wifi-tether Help

blade111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I had this working before with other ROMS but now that I switch over to CM7 nightly builds I cant seem to get this to work. I'm not using the one on the market, I went to android-wifi-tether on line and downloaded, (Wireless Tether for Root Users 2.0.6.) When I start it I say,(Tethering startedwith errors, please check show log.) When I go into showlog it says, (Wifi interface=failed, setting ad-hoc=failed,setting essid...=failed,setting channel =failed, activating encryption =faild.

What do you think, should I try a different version?

Thanks

blade111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
You don't need to download that wireless app. The hotspot has been unlock in the rom.

Sorry to ask but where, I dont see the icon for it or do I have to set it up first? Thank for helping.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to ask but where, I dont see the icon for it or do I have to set it up first? Thank for helping.

Settings - wireless and networks - tethering and portable hotspot - check wi-fi hotspot

If you use the power control widget, its located there too.

I think that is the only two options, but I could be wrong. That is just the two places I know of.

Reactions: taadow1030

grem

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I was trying to follow the steps described but mine are little different. First my wifi tether app for rooted user stopped working while saying "started with errors" then the only error seems to be the Ad hoc mode.

But then when I go to settings and hot spot I can't enable anything because it reads error where the check box seems to be. I'm not sure but i'm thinking as soon as the latest update on my droid razr caused the problem.

I'm thinking verizon's figuring out how to stop us from getting around that monthly bill, anyone have a fix?
:confused::confused::confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraC