Wifi tether w/ 4.04

Payne78

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Turned on my Xoom today to find out it updated itself to 4.04. Now it seems that it won't let me wifi tether to my phone which has a custom rom, takes me to a vzw page asking me to subscribe to the $20 a month hotspot fee. F'n verizon strikes again. Anyone got a solution?

pappyfire

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Are you using your phone as the hotspot or the Xoom? I can turn on the Xoom hotspot on and tether to it without any problem. In fact, today I drove home from Orlando (10 hour drive) and my wife had her iPad and my granddaughter had her Kindle Fire connected all the way, worked great!

Payne78

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Using my phone as the hotspot. I have a custom ROM on the phone and using FoxFi. I was able to wifi tether the Xoom to the phone till they pushed ICS out and now it goes to a verizon website when I try to get online with the Xoom, telling me my phone is not set up for tethering and to pay them the $20 a month bs. F them, guess I'll flash a stock ICS onto my Xoom because I don't see any other solution other than paying Verizon, which aint happening, they get enough of my money.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcj001