Will a factory restore help with over heating?

velocitysc43

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had my phone for a few weeks now and notice that it gets very hot when I'm using it to browse the internet. I've read posts on these forums as well as some other sites that give suggestions on what to do to help the over heating issue. I feel like I've tried EVERYTHING and I am still having problems. My last resort is a factory restore. Before I go through all that I just wanted to know if someone else had problems with over heating and did the factory restore and it helped.

Thanks!

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Did your phone receive the Apps2SD update? Most of the S4's that get it experience the overheating and/or battery drain and have the best results after resetting the Google account or factory resetting the whole phone. If you haven't received the update, continue looking for other possible causes before you resort to that.

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
This is due to Samsung having a really high clock speed (clocked at 1.9 ghz max). Personally, I like it. But yeah it will heat up the phone. Since I have all my devices rooted, I just lower the clock speed down and then raise it when I need the extra power. For you however, a factory reset should help. First though, delete and re add your Google account because the issue seems to be improved when people do that

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harshsingh.io