Will/Can the P20 Pro camera be updated with some features from the Mate 20?

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Was really looking forward to the Mate 20 (non-pro) phone. Now that, apparently, several of the specs and features have leaked out. Looking at the 2 phones side by side, the processor seems to be the only upgrade over the P20 Pro. In Fact most are downgrades. My question though is the Mate 20 will have more camera features/enhancements. Will some of those be able to be pushed to the P20 Pro via an update?

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
i read some where they might have gotten rid of the mono chrome lens so it'll be one camera with telephoto and wide angle. I wish they did that originally for p20 pro. Mono chrome is nice but with filters that allows you to change to mono it's not necessary. Also 40 mega pixel is overrated I don't even use it 12 mega pixel is plenty even their 10 mega pixel still looks good.

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
i read some where they might have gotten rid of the mono chrome lens so it'll be one camera with telephoto and wide angle. I wish they did that originally for p20 pro. Mono chrome is nice but with filters that allows you to change to mono it's not necessary. Also 40 mega pixel is overrated I don't even use it 12 mega pixel is plenty even their 10 mega pixel still looks good.

I read somewhere the Mate 20 was ditching the telephoto of the P20 for an ultra wide angle.

nlm

Aug 23, 2018
Visit site
Before we start knocking the current p20p lens' know that a lot of what makes this such a camera phone is due to those lens'. For example I believe the mono helps with balance and saturation in night mode. Right now no other phone can touch the p20p in low light shots and I believe part of the reason is the role the mono lens plays in the resulting composite image. I do wish they could've upped the MB for the telephoto, 8 just seems meh for optical zoom.

Sszeto

Sep 1, 2018
Visit site
I hope they can somehow add in 4k stabilization. Thats the only reason I would upgrade to the mate 20. Otherwise p20 pro is the perfect phone.

OLD_HATCH

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

The monochrome sensor is not for just taking black and white pictures. It's actually used to sharpen and help the regular camera photos details. Like sharper images and a better hybrid zoom that doesn't lose as much detail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycowboyway