Will going into download mode for custom OS remove root for android?

magnusden1

Jan 20, 2022
Visit site
First of all I want to be clear that I am not tech savy as they would say and my phone was rooted by a friend. I am sorry if somebody finds this question dumb or something similar but I just don’t understand these things well so If someone can help me and give me a serious answer I will be very thankful.

My phone was powered off so while trying to turn it on I accidentally went to the download mode for custom os and i got this message in blue backround,

- Warning a custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applicants

if you want to download a custom OS press the volume up key

Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel.

So i pressed volume key down to cancel. Does going itno this mode remove root access or not?

MNMobileGuy

Banned
Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
It sounds like you have a Samsung. If that's correct, then yes, going to that mode is part of removing root. Pressing Volume Up on the Warning screen will take you to a screen that says Downloading, and that's the firmware flashing mode. And flashing a full official factory firmware package is how you remove root

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
First of all I want to be clear that I am not tech savy as they would say and my phone was rooted by a friend. I am sorry if somebody finds this question dumb or something similar but I just don’t understand these things well so If someone can help me and give me a serious answer I will be very thankful.

My phone was powered off so while trying to turn it on I accidentally went to the download mode for custom os and i got this message in blue backround,

- Warning a custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applicants

if you want to download a custom OS press the volume up key

Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel.

So i pressed volume key down to cancel. Does going itno this mode remove root access or not?
Welcome to AC!

Go to settings>about phone>status information>phone status says official?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance