Will I be disappointed?

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I am running Drew's CM7, and absolutely love it. My phone is fast, has all these extras, and, best of all, is out of the grubby hands of LG and Sprint for the most part.

I am intrigued by gROM and updating to the new radio. However, I have a question to those who have done it.

Is it worth it? Will I miss the features and "completeness" of CM7? What is so much better about gROM or stock ZVH? From what I have read, people seem to be only complaining, especially about the stock rom.

Bottom line..should I just wait until the CM7 being cooked up is released with Sprint's proprietary files? Or is the jump worth it now?

I assume the only real "upgrades" will be a snappier GPS fix using the proper GB GPS blobs, charging while off (with sprint's init.d file), and the mic working while a headset is plugged in?

Bask me in your glorious opinions, oh great fellow Optimus users.

Thanks. :cool:

memsman

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I decided to try the gROM. The reasons were mainly sprint's VVM and GPS locking issues in CM7.
However today, after 1 week on ZVH and gROM, I went back to CM7 (kraven's).

What I missed:
- Good touch response
- Browsing: gROM scrolling in browser is not smooth (should be a GB issue)
- Power control widget in notification
- o/c capabilities
- CM7 looks and customization
- Launcher
- Speed. CM7 w/o o/c is noticeably faster than gROM
- Battery life + reliable battery timer (a bug in GB that does not show the actual uptime)

Scrosler did a great job with gROM but apparently there are some issues with the GB update that need to be resolved by sprint/lg.

I am back to CM7 and this time I am using Kraven's port, where surprisingly VVM works fine. I have also yet to check his fix for the GPS issue.

Reactions: reltm

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for. VVM is not a big deal to me, as I use Google Voice (though i HATE how it keeps copies of my texts, and you cannot turn that off).

I had a feeling that CM7 was going to be faster, snappier and prettier.

I have had zero issues with GPS on Drew's rom, so that isnt a concern of mine either.

The O/C thing is big to me, and i heard drew's gingerkernel causes major issues with gRom.

I guess I should probably wait then. :)

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for. VVM is not a big deal to me, as I use Google Voice (though i HATE how it keeps copies of my texts, and you cannot turn that off).

I had a feeling that CM7 was going to be faster, snappier and prettier.

I have had zero issues with GPS on Drew's rom, so that isnt a concern of mine either.

The O/C thing is big to me, and i heard drew's gingerkernel causes major issues with gRom.

I guess I should probably wait then. :)

I actually wrote a guide on how to setup Google voice so that you wouldn't experience the issues you are experiencing. In my signature, click "GV TUT". :)

Reactions: Jessicalt1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackybeny