Will I lose root updating to the latest verizon update VRUAME7?

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I want to update to get the apps2sd feature but was wondering if I'll lose root,will that happen if I do update?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

surfsup1955

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
hey, I'm new to the S4, but unless things have changed for the better, I don't think you can get an OTA update unless you unroot the device.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Ksean

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes you will but there is a way to keep your root access or to root the new updates os

Sent from Ksean galaxy s4

Ksean

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
hey, I'm new to the S4, but unless things have changed for the better, I don't think you can get an OTA update unless you unroot the device.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I want to update to get the apps2sd feature but was wondering if I'll lose root,will that happen if I do update?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
There is a root method for the new update and instead of using the apps 2sd the better one to use is gl 2sd it's way better

Sent from Ksean galaxy s4

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Bottom line: If you want root DO NOT update to latest version, either by OTA, Kies, or ODIN.

The longer version is this...
When the new software came out, it broke all known exploits to root the Verizon GS4. There are devs working on it, and while there is now a method to get root access, there is still no way at this time to get a custom recovery installed, so doing things like flashing ROMs or doing nandroids is still not possible...which to many is just an important.

There are some ROMs available based off this update that are safe to flash, however I'm not sure if apps2SD support is included, you'd have to investigate that yourself.