Will it come back to life

apebull

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC Evo Design 4G and on Saturday it got wet when I fell into a pool. It and well I were in the pool for probably a good minute. I was at a pool party so it took a few minutes before we were able to get it back the apt of the person we were at and get it in rice. Then it was probably a good hour before I remember you should take the battery out. I was told by everyone there that 24 hours should be long enough. So on Sunday afternoon after the 24 hours I took it out of the rice, put the battery back in and tried turning it on. We played with it for several minutes trying to get it back, tried on plugging it in, and still nothing. Left it sitting on the counter for several hours before putting it back into the rice where for the most part it's been since. It does have a spot in the middle of the screen that I say looks like a drop of water, but my husbands says doesn't. So is there any hope that it will come back to life or is it dead. I've only had it for 4 months and really don't want to fork out the money for a new one. And if it is dead how do I get my contacts out of it?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So at least 72 hours from it first getting wet or from when I put it back in the rice a day later???

Put it in a bag with rice and let it sit for as long as possible. The more moisture the rice absorbs the better. If you can go without it for a couple of days then good. Be sure to remove the battery when placing it with rice. You want the moisture out of the internals so this helps.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

apebull

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
UGH Waiting is killing me. PLUS it's my work phone. Not that it rings a lot but still. Will it help if I put the bag of rice in a window where the sun will beat down on it? Right now its just on my kitchen counter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax