Will rooting TBolt solve force-close and lag issues?

Nanashi1231

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, my girlfriend's in need of some help. Her TBolt (stock) is having issues that haven't resolved (rather, they've gotten worse) after the recent OTA update, such as apps closing when going from portrait to landscape, random sms deletion, force-restarts of the phone, and general lag/screen un-responsiveness. She's got an update available in October, as well as replacement insurance. I'm encouraging her to root, but she's worried that won't solve anything and then she'll be without a way to get the phone replaced if things go wrong. Has anyone who was having these issues recently rooted and found that it fixed them? Thanks for your input.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the tbolt but all rooting is doing is giving you administrative control on your device. If she flashes a new rom then that might help since it was the update but I would use the insurance if you have it and if its the same try a new rom

Sent from ATRIX 4g rooted,unlocked and OC to 1.45 with nottachtrix rom using tapatalk 2

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
You can always root it flash a rom and try it out for a couple of days. Mostly like it will work. If it doesn't just unroot and return to stock.

Last edited:

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Rooting and installing another ROM solved my rebooting and data drop issues. It's just a distant memory for me at this point.

As for the lag, it depends on the ROM you install. Some may tend to be a little laggy from time to time while others are smooth as ice. Personally, I'm running BAMF and it's generally not laggy at all for me. Occasionally, it might pause a little, but that goes away in short order. Other ROMs will be different.

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Aosp roms like thundershed and liquid smooth aren't sense roms and tend to lag a lot less. But everyone's preference is different. Rooting though, does fix a lot of issues.

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Nanashi1231

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, all. She doesn't want to pull three trigger on rooting just yet, so we tried GoLauncher and that appears to have solved a good number of the issues. I'm still pushing her to root, though.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums