Will sim card work in new phone if using different carriers?

Klmeteer

Aug 4, 2018
Visit site
The bottom inch of my Note 3 fell into a puddle and won't turn on. Can I transfer sim card info to new S8 if they use different carriers? The S8 does not currently have a sim card. Would it hurt anything to try? New phone is secure work cell, can't afford to mess anything up. (I really need 1 most recent picture off old phone, and it's not on the SD card which I've already put in S8.)
Thank you!
Karen

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Well I'm pretty sure the picture won't be on the SIM. Are you sure you are not confusing the two (SIM/SD)?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I can't speak for all carriers, but when I worked for Verizon only Verizon SIM cards connected to the network, if you brought your own phone it needed to have a new Verizon SIM. There was no information stored on the SIM, it's only used for network communication.

The SIM cards have gotten smaller since the Note 3, it wouldn't physically fit inside a Galaxy S8.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
If the size is the same or bigger than the new one, see if it is scored to become a micro sim. If your new carrier and old are the same spectrum, such as GSM, you should be OK.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
@kimeteer I'm not sure what you're expecting but a SIM card is not going to store much info. Many devices don't have an option for storing contacts there anymore and you certainly can't store pictures on one. Depending on the carrier you have and if the Note 8 is unlocked, once you have a SIM that will fit it MAY work but it's very likely you won't have your pictures or contacts unless they were synced to the cloud.

If your sole purpose of putting the SIM into the work phone is to try to get that picture, don't bother as it's not there, that much I can be sure about.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mahendra K