Will the Motorola Edge work with U.S. Cellular or Fi?

jim5137

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
U.S. Cellular works the best in my area, and my wife and I are currently using the Moto X Pure, but they're harder to find now, and behind on Android versions. The Edge isn't one of the listed phones, but customer service said it's hit or miss. Might order from Amazon, as I can call with IMEI, and find out, and return, if not.

As far as Fi, their customer service said it hasn't been tested, and that if it activated, it wouldn't auto switch, since it's not a Fi phone, and you can't switch manually. Not sure if that's true. They said it will default to T Mobile towers, without auto switching. T Mobile doesn't work as well as U.S. Cellular in my area, so that would be an issue.

I feel like going from the Pure to the Moto G Power, would be a downgrade, sort of. The Edge is a nice phone, so hoping it can work on one of them.

Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Will the Motorola Edge work with U.S. Cellular of Fi?

As far as Fi, their customer service said it hasn't been tested, and that if it activated, it wouldn't auto switch, since it's not a Fi phone, and you can't switch manually. Not sure if that's true.

If it's not a "designed for Fi" device, this is absolutely true. Unless it carries that designation you lose out on several features. See this help article for info on this - https://support.google.com/fi/answer/6224695?hl=en&ref_topic=4596517

jim5137

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
Re: Will the Motorola Edge work with U.S. Cellular of Fi?

Thanks for that. Funny, the Moto X4 isn't on their list in that link, and it's absolutely compatible. I'm hoping the Edge will work with U.S. Cellular.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38