Will The S8 price drop much when the Note 8 comes out?

Kendal1L

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
I'm asking because Samsung is doing a sale where it's $575 right now. That plus Ebates 8% cash back would bring it down to around $535, which is a pretty good deal. And yet, shopper's indecision has me wondering if the price will drop even more once the new Note comes out; I read somewhere that the predicted launch date is sometime in August which is pretty close (no idea if that is true though).

Help me, please! Right now the indecision and FOMO are driving me crazy. So do you guys think I should I pull the trigger or wait?

Kendal1L

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
lol I know, it's a really good deal, which is why I'm so tempted. The responsible part of me that says my iphone is still working just fine is warring with the part that says "BUT I WANT THE PRETTY!"

Edit: should probably clarify that Ive had androids in the past and loved them; the iphone was a terrible decision which doesn't help with wanting to get rid of it and get something new.

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
That's a great deal. I wouldn't count on the price dropping. Not just yet anyways. The phone is relatively new still. I say pull the trigger and buy it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
lol I know, it's a really good deal, which is why I'm so tempted. The responsible part of me that says my iphone is still working just fine is warring with the part that says "BUT I WANT THE PRETTY!"

Edit: should probably clarify that Ive had androids in the past and loved them; the iphone was a terrible decision which doesn't help with wanting to get rid of it and get something new.
What IPhone do you have and do you still owe on it? Can you trade it in to your carrier? Who is the carrier

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

After a zillion years on Andriod (Samsung S4,S5,S6,S7E,S8,LG G3, G6, V20, Huawei P9, Mate 9, Zperia XZ, several Motorola phones), flip phones, a Motorola 3watt bag phone, a couple of Blackberry phones and a Windows (1020) phone, just (a couple or weeks ago), went to the dark side and got a iPhone 7+. This is the first iPhone for me. I can say this, it is simply the best phone and camera that I've ever had. Super, warm butter smooth, great build quality, everything just works. Immediate updates. Apps often seem more mature. Battery is super, easily lasting me all day. The camera, for me and my uses, is the best that I've ever used on any phone.
I still have my Mate 9, I always keep an extra phone around, just in case. I've fired it up a couple of times in the last few weeks and, now, Android feels all pieced together to me.
My gf has been a Samsung girl for what seems like forever, having had the S4 through S8 and a couple of Blackberries. She wanted to give the iPhone a try after seeing my. I bought her a 7+ a few days ago and she's saying the same thing as I've said.
Some say boring. Boring, smoring. Mine is a matte black, a totally black, phone, front and rear. Don't want to walk around with something flashing multicolored lights and blaring a siren. :p. I photograph a lot and I don't need people bothering me asking what that is. ;-p. So maybe boring to some, however very consistent across everything , which for me, is perfect.
Also such a massive collection of apps.

If you want a S8, the price seems good. Who knows for sure what will happen when the N8 finally drops.

Kendal1L

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
It's the iphone 6+ unlocked, and I use Cricket so I'm looking at the unlocked. I could trade it in through samsung for $150 I think, but I also price checked on Gazelle and I can get $200 for it so I'll probably go through them if it doesn't end up going to a friend. I think I'm gonna go for it. I really just needed a push one way or the other, and I think I got it lol.

Kendal1L

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
Thank you! I think I'm going to. I just really needed a push one way or the other to ease my mind, and I think you guys provided that nicely.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
After a zillion years on Andriod (Samsung S4,S5,S6,S7E,S8,LG G3, G6, V20, Huawei P9, Mate 9, Zperia XZ, several Motorola phones), flip phones, a Motorola 3watt bag phone, a couple of Blackberry phones and a Windows (1020) phone, just (a couple or weeks ago), went to the dark side and got a iPhone 7+. This is the first iPhone for me. I can say this, it is simply the best phone and camera that I've ever had. Super, warm butter smooth, great build quality, everything just works. Immediate updates. Apps often seem more mature. Battery is super, easily lasting me all day. The camera, for me and my uses, is the best that I've ever used on any phone.
I still have my Mate 9, I always keep an extra phone around, just in case. I've fired it up a couple of times in the last few weeks and, now, Android feels all pieced together to me.
My gf has been a Samsung girl for what seems like forever, having had the S4 through S8 and a couple of Blackberries. She wanted to give the iPhone a try after seeing my. I bought her a 7+ a few days ago and she's saying the same thing as I've said.
Some say boring. Boring, smoring. Mine is a matte black, a totally black, phone, front and rear. Don't want to walk around with something flashing multicolored lights and blaring a siren. :p. I photograph a lot and I don't need people bothering me asking what that is. ;-p. So maybe boring to some, however very consistent across everything , which for me, is perfect.
Also such a massive collection of apps.

If you want a S8, the price seems good. Who knows for sure what will happen when the N8 finally drops.

I just switched back from a iPhone 7 plus the only annoying part with iPhones are a couple of quirks like in app purchases being one if it isn't Apple branded app it will not allow. So if you have any digital library with Google be prepared that you will have to go the roundabout way to purchase new content. Also if you buy new content through Apple store and want to switch back to android will be difficult to access it in android. I think the 7 plus is a great phone but zero customization will drive you nuts after a while. The only thing I miss is the battery optimization of IOS second to none. But I hope you enjoy it. Gets boring as hell fast.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
The way the prices are going south on this phone already, there would be much bigger discounts once the Note 8 also starts getting discounts.

I think s8 is a great buy unless you want the dual camera and spen functionalities

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20