Window mount car dock doesn't work with any cases?

prfxshn

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I bought the window mount card dock for my Bionic and it works fine without any case installed on the phone. It has an insert that you are supposed to remove if you have a case on the phone, but I tried all of the cases in the Verizon store and none of them work with it. When you put the phone in the dock it is supposed to recognize it and open the GPS/Voice menu. But when I put a case on the phone and tried putting it in the dock, it would either not seat properly on the charger or press the power button and pop up with the power/shutdown option menu.

It's not a big deal, but I find it very frustrating that they designed a product to specifically handle the phone with a case installed and none of the cases they sell work.

debonu

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine works great with the car dock while it is in the hard plastic case with kick stand (the shell holster combo). I have to lean it back a little bit to lock it into place but I think that is normal for the design. The car dock app launches immediately when I pop it into place.

wsbsteven

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I also confirm it works with the shell holster combo but the shell holster didn't work in the media dock like the box said it would. The extended battery works in both media and car docks in case someone was wondering also.

anon(167668)

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
For you guys that are saying that the home dock doesn't work with the case, did you remove the insert? It's not immediately clear that the insert is even there becomes it comes pre-inserted into the dock, and it doesn't look removable, but it is.

Reactions: Lisa W

DroidST

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
is the shell holster combo you guys are using the one that is available directly from the Verizon Stores? They have two, one being the tank like Ottobox and another Verizon branded I think it is..

If this is not the one, which shell holster combo specifically?

Thanks in advance

Lisa W

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
is the shell holster combo you guys are using the one that is available directly from the Verizon Stores? They have two, one being the tank like Ottobox and another Verizon branded I think it is..

If this is not the one, which shell holster combo specifically?

Thanks in advance

It is the Verizon branded one. I was told by the Rep at Verizon Store the Ottorbox would not work with the docks.

DroidST

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
thanks.. I looked at the Verizon branded one.. wasn't impressed for what they were asking$

I thought Motorola was going to have a holster available but haven't seen more info

Lisa W

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
For you guys that are saying that the home dock doesn't work with the case, did you remove the insert? It's not immediately clear that the insert is even there becomes it comes pre-inserted into the dock, and it doesn't look removable, but it is.

Duh, thanks for this one. I looked at it, but not in good lighting and couldn't see the insert. Just took it to another room and could see the insert. Took it out and the holster now fits. I blame my trifocals for this one. :'(

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
It has an insert that you are supposed to remove if you have a case on the phone, but I tried all of the cases in the Verizon store and none of them work with it.

You remove the insert if you have an extended battery. I have tried a few different cases and none of them fit in the car dock. Yes, I could probably make it fit, but not at the expense of breaking something. Since I use the belt/holster combo, it's no big deal to snap the cover off and put the phone in the cradle.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fh2nw4veh1