Wiping the SDCARD when updating a rom - yay/nay

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Gang -

When updating roms, would a full wipe of the sdcard be of use?

This assumes stuff of importance (pictures and etc) have been copied over.

In other words, what is safe to delete and will be recreated by the OS?

Thoughts?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Ever since the beginning of my android life...I have never formatted my SD card when flashing or updating a rom. There is so much on mine that it would be nuts. If anything...copy and paste all pictures etc... onto your computer and format the SD card. Then transfer all data back.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
No... only the stuff the ROM requires... like BAMF Forever required removing the BAMF_Extra folder on the SD card, but that's all I've ever deleted... besides your Recovery backup files on your SD card... so I'd say absolutely NOT!!!

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I see a lot of leftover files and sometimes wondered if they cause mischief esp when different base os installed - asop/sense/stock/etc.

Again, just thoughts to keep things nice and tidy - and blank slate to start from.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I see a lot of leftover files and sometimes wondered if they cause mischief esp when different base os installed - asop/sense/stock/etc.

Again, just thoughts to keep things nice and tidy - and blank slate to start from.

I've deleted some of the folder's I'm fairly sure I don't care about, but it's always a good idea to make a backup of the data before you delete it just in case.

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't it be just like if you bought a new SD card. You would think the rom would reinstall ever thing it needed. You would be able to a back up rom or anything like though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rj3005