wireless sync

CLAYPOOLS

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone assist on setting up the wireless sync? I had a blackberry and just activated my new Droid Eris. I am trying to set up so my Outlook gets "pushed" to my phone. Also wanted to be able to sync my calendar and contacts. Thanks.

trevgriff

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Can you supply a little more information?

What type of email service do you have?

Exchange
Pop
Imap

I have my Eris set up and working great with my exchange email.

jim_straight

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I would like to add to this thread. I have a pop account run through Microsoft Outlook. Could anyone please help me with a wireless sync with my Eris and contacts/calender?

Tux#AC

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I sync my outlook calendar (2-way) with my gmail calendar, then use that calendar on my phone any changes I make sync to my gmail which later sync to my outlook.

For POP3 email I have my outlook not delete from server until I delete the email, I have gmail doing the same thing (I use 3 separate pop3 accounts). This allows me to get emails in both places, I also have my gmail imap'd into my outlook so I can clean it up from there.

As for contacts I just export and import manually gmail to PC and vice. If anyone knows of a remote sync let me know.

I am not near my PC a lot and this has allowed me to have it fully up to date when I get home, but also allows me to keep minimal emails on my phone and still have them on my PC. I am not sure if these option will work for you, but they works well for me.

On another note I use a gmail account that I don't use for any other reason, the e-mail is set up to use my primary e-mail and not my gmail for returns. (This make it so when I reply it is sent on behalf of my primary account by my gmail account and any replies to this email do not go to the gmail account, but the primary one.) I hope that made sense.

Last edited:

trevgriff

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
It's possible with an exchange account but I don't think it's possible with a standard pop3 account, maybe with an imap or gmail account.

woodsb123

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I also prefer to continue using Outlook with my gmail accts. I have the exact same setup as "Tux" has for my email using the Gmail IMAP account through Outlook, although, to setup automatic wireless OTA(other the air) synchronization of my contacts & calendar entries, I'm using an Outlook plug-in tool named "gsyncit". I can't put website links here yet so you can just google it to find the site. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mayur45