Wireless Tether on Rooted Evo 3D???

crailey01

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted my Evo 3D but unfortunately cannot get Wireless Tether to work at all. Are there any work arounds for this? This was one of my main reasons for rooting in the 1st place.

Thanks,
crailey01

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure you are rooted? Did you try the steps outlined in the sticky of this forum? Are you on a custom ROM? How did you root?

crailey01

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you are rooted? Did you try the steps outlined in the sticky of this forum? Are you on a custom ROM? How did you root?
I rooted by one of the guides on xda. I have superuser permissions, etc but wireless tether nor wiring tether will work. I have hboot 1.50 if this helps and I unlocked bootloader via htcdev.
Thanks!

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Make sure in the settings that you have Routing fix checked and MSS clamping checked. This is confirmed working on 4g and 3g.

crailey01

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I know and that's what sucks about it. I followed the directions to a "t" but nothing except Google sites for me. Why will Wireless Tether not work either? It have it working fine on Evolution 4g, Photon, and Nexus S 4g.

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem as crailey until I finally gave WiFi Tether some tough love... While I had uninstalled and re-installed every version of Wireless Tether many times with no joy, one time I tried clearing data (via Menu / Settings / Applications / Manage applications / WiFi Tether / Clear data) BEFORE uninstalling WiFi Tether. Then after re-installing, it worked on 3G AND 4G... After that I could switch 4G on and off multiple times and it all worked. Still I sometimes I lose the connection and I have to stop/restart Wireless Tethering once or twice to get the connection working again, but it's not a major inconvenience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShockwaveGBB