WLAN / WiFi Roaming missing

jakeelee

May 29, 2022
Visit site
although I have activated the expert mode, the item "WLAN/WiFI roaming" is still missing. How can I activate this function?
THX

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
What carrier do you have? Is your device locked to a carrier or unlocked? What firmware version is it running?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean by WiFi/WLAN data roaming. Roaming typically is related to the mobile network, not WiFi. Are you wanting to roam on a network belonging to a carrier other than Vodafone? Does your wireless data plan include roaming?

jakeelee

May 29, 2022
Visit site
In a home network in which a wireless router and one or more wireless repeaters are used, the wireless networks of the individual devices overlap. If a smartphone, tablet or other WLAN device in such an environment automatically changes the connection from the weaker to the stronger wireless network, this is referred to as "WLAN roaming".
In several online forums it is suggest to activate WIFI/WLAN Roaming in developer options.
2.jpg

jakeelee

May 29, 2022
Visit site
does my explanation help you? The only thing I want to know: why is this option missing in my expert modus and how can I access it?