Woohoo! Amazon Got Stock, I Ordered, Now Out of Stock Again

SharonW

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I've been checking Amazon multiple times a day after their first shipment sold out in less than two days on the 9th and they began showing shipping in 2-3 weeks again. When I got home today and checked around 4 p.m., they showed "In Stock," and I jumped and bought. Glad I did. Four hours later they're showing shipping in 5-7 weeks now!

These must be selling like hotcakes! Glad I've got mine and for only $149. It will be arriving just a couple days before my birthday next week. I'm so excited. This is my first ever smart phone purchase and I took a long time deciding.

Last edited:

SharonW

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
LOL. Glad you are making smart purchases.

I originally planned on going with the Pre as Sprint's phone plans are WAY cheaper considering mobile-to-mobile is totally free. However, I got frustrated watching the slow pace of development even though they're working tirelessly adding functionality and it is a beautiful and elegant OS. Unfortunately, I think they released it sooner than a company normally would due to the company's financial situation as well as trying to beat others to the market before they got lost in the sauce.

When I saw the initial leaks on Boy Genius Report about what the Droid would have, I was shocked and thought "THAT is the phone I want." It does everything I want right out of the box AND offers a physical keyboard as well as onscreen ones. It's like they covered every single base. And then when the hands on reviews starting coming out, there was no further doubt even though I'll be paying more for Verizon's plan. At least, I get something for those extra bucks...better coverage in more places.

This is gonna be my best birthday in a long time. :D

SharonW

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I got mine through newegg, they had em at $149 with a 2 year plan on the 6the of nov.

Welcome to our Wireless World

Wow. You know I thought about looking at New Egg, but figured they didn't do cell phones. It sure looks like everyone is getting into the cell phone store biz now. In an Overstock email I got today, they too announced having the Droid and I was totally amazed. Here's the real kicker. They've got it for only $120!!!

Although I did pretty good with Amazon and trust them for back up or potential problems. I had two $5 gift cards that I earned from Swagbucks, so I only paid $140. Plus they also offered the same insurance plan as Verizon whereas other sites I noticed may not offer insurance at all, or offer a different plan that you pay for upfront entirely with your order.

I figure it's best to go with the devil insurance provider that Verizon knows and uses and I like not charging insurance all in one lump sum, but paying for it per month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teneika lee