Work profile still appearing despite factory reset

puddss

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Hi

Sorry, this is a double post - just made an account.

I've left a company and i'm trying to purge all work related software from my Gs9. The only company software that i had, to my knowledge, on my phone was Microsoft Exchange Sync which i used for sending and receiving work emails and i think it had calendar capability.

I've completed a factory reset on the phone and all device administrators have now been removed and device policies. However, when i go into the 'Apps' section in 'Settings', i can see an app called 'Work Profile'. This app has all permissions enabled and i can't change any of the permissions. Furthermore, i cant seem to uninstall this app either. The only things i can do is delete data, delete cache and force stop. I've also checked the accounts tied to my phone in the 'Accounts' part of my phone and there is no work profile tied to the phone as i've completed the factory reset.

Does anybody know if this app is just default Android/Google software that is automatically present on all Android phones? Or is this still company software that is installed in my phone? If so, is there a way to completely remove it?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
ok re-read your question if this was your device and company put work profile then you should contact them to remove it .

puddss

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Hi this is a personal device. The IT department is not being very helpful. Is there a way to remove the work profile myself?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi this is a personal device. The IT department is not being very helpful. Is there a way to remove the work profile myself?
The problem is you have your work profile on your device, we don't know if this is really your device or work device or trying to bypass a work phone , so we can't go any further in discussion beyond this .

puddss

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Well to clarify, it is a device that i bought myself and was using as my own personal device for a while before i started working at this company. Then when i joined the company, as they did not offer work phones, I had to use my personal device to send and receive emails. I also don't recall ever being required to set-up a Google 'work profile' to set up my email.

How about this - do you know if the default factory setting for Android 10 is that it automatically sets up a default 'work profile' for all phones? and that this 'work profile' can't be uninstalled?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well to clarify, it is a device that i bought myself and was using as my own personal device for a while before i started working at this company. Then when i joined the company, as they did not offer work phones, I had to use my personal device to send and receive emails. I also don't recall ever being required to set-up a Google 'work profile' to set up my email.

How about this - do you know if the default factory setting for Android 10 is that it automatically sets up a default 'work profile' for all phones? and that this 'work profile' can't be uninstalled?
It doesn't automatically set up a work profile, that would have to be done by your work or you .

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Hello , you can go over this link but that's about all we can help with

https://support.google.com/work/android/answer/6191949?hl=en

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard