Would it be worth upgrading to the S III from the Galaxy Nexus?

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
When is the phone coming out on T-Mobile (I'm assuming that the international version doesn't have AWS bands).

Why or why not?

Should I get this, or wait for the next Nexus?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Would it be worth upgrading to the S III from the Galaxy Nexu

If your in need for an upgrade this is not a bad phone at all! Otherwise if you wanna wait thats not a bad idea either. Its a gamble no matter how you look it. Only you can answer this question. I dont think I would mind being stuck with the SIII for 2 years or less if you buy more phones!

footballbanker

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Wait, its not huge jump from Nexus to S3. The next Nexus and the phones coming out the end of the year will be nice.

kronium

May 3, 2010
Visit site

I say get the S3. The camera is great, it's pretty future proof with 2 gigs of ram, and being that all the S3s have the same physical dimensions, you'll have a lot more accessory choices than with the next nexus being locked down to one or two carriers.

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

It comes to t mobile on June 21st. The s3 is definitely a upgrade from the nexus. But if you want something smaller go with the Htc one s, its also a great phone. I currently have the one s and love every feature it has to offer. But I will be getting the s3 cause my mom needs a upgrade, and when I get the s3 I will decide which phone I want to keep for myself. Lol

katamari201

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

It's coming out June 20 or 21 this month.

The S3 is Samsung's flagship phone for this year. Any new phones will be just the same thing with slightly bumped up specs and tweaks. The next nexus, whoever will be making it (Asus?) will either be just marginally better, or most likely equal in some respects and worst in others. The Galaxy Nexus wasn't that great compared to the S2 released six months earlier, with weaker cam, build, battery, processor, and other deficiencies. All it had going was ICS and 720p display, and 1080p displays aren't gonna pop up until next year (LG's panel won't even start shipping until later this year, which means it's for next year's crop) so 99% chance the next nexus will not have a 1080p panel.

I've been following all the top Androids and really, the best one so far is the S3. Doubly so for T-mobile, since you need the AWS band and the only top tier phone coming out for T-mobile in the foreseeable future is the S3. The HTC One X is an exclusive for AT&T for who knows how long, and other than the nice display, has some shortcomings. Same goes for the One S that's for T-mobile. The Optimus 4x, who knows if it will even come stateside.

r00t

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Look at the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums section, all major carriers are going to have this one. It means it's going to be a very popular phone and will have a strong developer community. What that translates for users is more ROMs, customizations, hacks, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
easwrftjukumar3r