would u rather have a TB now with issues? or wait till everything is perfect?

would u rather have the TB now with issues? or wait till its perfect?

• Total voters

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
id def rather have it now and wouldnt even care if they didnt fix those problems till summer!

xoom wont have flash or lte for a little while but still has been released...i dont understand y this cant be done with the TB

would u rather wait till they fix the Bolt's LTE issues, skype and/or hotspot? or would u rather have the phone now and wait for software update?

or do u think its something really wrong that phone is even messing up with reg voice and 3g?

Android 19

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
for me i say wait for perfection. Only because my upgrade date isn't until march 24th-so i am waiting either way. But i absolutely get why many people would love to have it now!

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I would rather wait.
I'd like it to be as good out of the box as it can be without any hang ups or issues.
Skype is not a biggie as long as it doesn't cause it to lock up, shut down, etc.
I'm convinced it will be fixed shortly (within months) of the release of the phone if it doesn't work as is, as released baked in.

Dropping calls is my biggest concern. Locking up/rebooting etc., is my second.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather wait than deal with major issues. I can deal with minor issues like no skype. But rather not deal with 4G/3G toggle. Besides I am not in 4G area. My area may be one of the last ones to get Verizon's LTE. In fact, Verizon uses US Cellular's network in my area.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
with a new $300 price tag from BB it better be perfect..and even then if VZW has it at $300 as well I prob wont get it.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If Skype were the only issue then,yes, release without it but if there are actual Bolt performance issues then I'd rather wait.Especially at the price(either price).

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't really care if video chat is ready to go or not. There are too many work arounds and third party apps. It IS Android, after all.... The difference is Verizon gets paid for for Bloatware (Skype) and not third party apps that we install because they WORK.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
As a former storm 1 owner, i do not want another phone rushed by verizon. LEt them do what they have to do. Im angry at the way they are handling the situation. But my droid incredible is very serviceable and it's not killing me.

John_C#AC

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If Skype were the only issue then,yes, release without it but if there are actual Bolt performance issues then I'd rather wait.Especially at the price(either price).

That. Can't answer the poll because it depends on what the issue is. If it is just Skype, I'd prefer to get the phone now and let them add that later. If the phone has real performance issues and would frequently hang, then that would be unacceptable.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
When I bought my Blackberry Storm 1 (my current phone) I had noooo idea how bad a reputation it had. I didn't know a lot of things 'till I became a member at a BB forum and was amazed at how many people were complaining about it and anxiously awaiting the Storm 2. I got lucky and the one I got didn't cause me any problems for like a little more than a year then it started acting up and other people had problems outa the gate.

I had thought for awhile the same thing you are thinking now. Do I knowingly want to buy a phone w/problems? No. Do we know for sure it's going to have problems? No. It could be another Blackberry Storm, it could be the most magnificent phone ever, or anywhere in the middle.

Because I get the insurance I'm now on my third BB Storm without having to pay a penny for any of them except the initial purchase. Because of the insurance, I decided I'm going to buy it and not worry about it.

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered at BB prior to Feb 14th, and at this point in the waiting game I'd have to say that I would want the TB to be in the best possible working order out of the box.

this will be my first android phone and hope to have as little problems with it as possible.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
If Skype is the only issue, I want it now. If there are more sever problems, I would be more than happy to wait.

However if there is a pricing problem ($299.99) that's another story. :-\

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
for me i say wait for perfection. Only because my upgrade date isn't until march 24th-so i am waiting either way. But i absolutely get why many people would love to have it now!

If you call VZW directly (611) they may move your upgrade date up by at least a week. I was told by a store no more than 7 days and they said they only do it at the point of purchase of a new phone. When I called 611 they upped my date by 8 days. I don't know how much they can play with it but at least then you'd be a week or so closer.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes please give me a screwed up phone. I want bugs, glitches, and infuriating mysteries. It would be great if it had a few memory leaks and inexplicable battery drain issues too.

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes please give me a screwed up phone. I want bugs, glitches, and infuriating mysteries. It would be great if it had a few memory leaks and inexplicable battery drain issues too.
i understand ur sarcasm but for someone stuck on storm1 forever, now storm2 cuz 1 kicked the bucket again, even if it had those problems it would be a huge upgrade for me and many other who just finished up a 2 year in the past few months

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582