Would you be more likely to try a new mobile game if it made you eligible to win $1m?

jesteratplayfully

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
$3b+ were spent in 2015 to get mobile gamers in the US to try new games. Instead of having all of the user acquisition revenue go to mobile game advertisers, I want the majority it to go to mobile game players.

Would you go to a new app that featured different mobile games that give you the opportunity to win money just for trying games that are featured?

What if a game allowed 10k people to compete for the highest score and it paid out like this: top 1% $10, next 5% $5 and everyone else $.25.

and just for playing, you get an entry into a weekly sweepstakes for $1m

Would this motivate you to go to a new game portal and try this game?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome as a new member. :)

Well, I think there are things in life that are infinitely more worthwhile than trying to win money, especially if it becomes addictive, but that's just me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Most people are probably innumerate - which is why lotteries do so well. I don't get pulled in by long odds like that.

jesteratplayfully

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
So if you were guaranteed $.25 for each game you tried for at least 5 min, but could win $100 or even $1k, how many games would you be willing to try and how often would you try them?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be interested, since I don't care for mobile games. I'm a PC gamer.

I also suspect that such a program would only get people to try many games once, just to try to win money but uninstall the games shortly thereafter, since they don't care about the games but just want to try to win the money.