Would you recommend the 6P?

Curtendz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I was finally able to hold a 6P in my hand and it looked and felt really nice. I'm thinking about upgrading from my Moto X 2014, it slowing down and I am a complete speed *****. I get lag when opening my keyboard or typing and my battery is dying faster and faster.

I'm a little concerned about the size because I'm not a huge fan of large phones but the phone felt good in my hand. I've heard a few concerns about software as well and just wanted to see if you guys think this phone is as awesome as it seems on paper.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I definitely would. I have used many phones and this is one of those phones that has me comfortable enough to ignore the S7 hype.. Which in the past a new phone would have me foaming at the mouth haha.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree, this phone is definitely still holding its own. Fast, fluid, beautiful screen, very good camera, solid build, no bloat or for a excellent price

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This phone is still a good phone. I love my phone. The only issue I have is that I don't get much stuff done since I'm always on my phone.

I rarely reboot with no bloat. I get a full day of moderate usage with this device. I can stream Pandora for 8 hours to a Bluetooth speaker and still have close to 20% left over using LTE.

Curtendz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Wow really? That is some killer battery life. If I tried to stream for 2 hours my phone would probably die. Does the phone get hot while playing/streaming music and videos?

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
All, day, every day. I love stock Android. After dealing with TouchWiz and it's billion settings and bloat, the Nexus is a God send. It's fast and fluid. Battery life has been amazing for me. I've consistently gotten anywhere from 5-7 hours SOT depending on usage, with a peak time of 8 hours. Watching content is a joy, with this screen and these stereo speakers. Also, first to get updates! You can't go wrong with the 6P.

southflpix

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
If you can deal with the size, it's good, especially if you can wait for another one of those $50 off sales. I would say the camera is my favorite feature. I've recently been shooting a decent amount of video with it and I actually don't find the lack of OIS to be that jarring.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes,without doubt. Have come from Note 3/S6 and after Touchwiz this is far and away the best phone I`ve had...it`s fast and clean,great battery and camera,no lag whatsoever,better wifi and radios.Definately recommend it!

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Once you go phablet you never go back. I was worried about the size before I got the 6P but it was just a matter of a couple of days to adapt, now when I look at my old Nexus 5 it looks ridiculously small to me. I find the NP to be very comfortable and the gorgeous AMOLED screen is much easier to read then an LED screen, you won't be disappointed.

Curtendz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the help guys. I went and picked one up today. The speed and smoothness is out of this world. The size is going to take some getting used to but right now I'm a happy camper.

Curtendz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. It's actually my return. I had a nexus 4 which is still probably my favorite design ever. I'm digging the 6P just trying to adjust to the size. I think I'll probably try to learn to love it. Not only because I feel that these big phones are here to stay, but because this phone is awesome.

Been off the charger for 14 hours and I'm still at 42%.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Great phone. Still love it. If you don't mind the size which is it's only negative in my opinion then this is the phone you want.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, whenever anyone mentions that they're looking for a new phone.

Sent via the Communications Center of the Trigati