wow XDA Forums... i hate you

Status
Not open for further replies.

planeboy

Banned
Apr 19, 2024
Visit site
All the posts that I made here were supposed to be on XDA Forums, but they banned me for stupidly unreasonable ****** reason.
They banned me for spam, (even though I was not posting spam, they were questions about my dingus phone) and I was completely disabled from posting. It was the worst thing I could have seen.
After this. I signed up in here and Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange and was gonna ask for help.
Please, any of you respond to me to help me or I’m leaving!
Photo:
6050F810-9E9E-439D-ACC1-EBB101084164.jpeg

Reactions: TripleU ®

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from Ask A Question to the Android Central Lounge, since it's not really a question.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think the OP meant they wanted help with their questions here, rather than help getting back into XDA. (But to be honest, those questions might be a little too specialized for the typical AC member ...)
Yeah was looking at their other post , they will need XDA for help on this so maybe they can reach out to XDA admin and get the account situation fixed .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
XDA can be a bit hardcore -- the folks on the forums there can have a reputation of being not so nice. I would guess the moderators can be harsh as well. The best way to avoid being banned on any forum is to make sure you follow their guidelines. Making repetitive posts can be considered disruptive (especially if it persists after a warning).

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
XDA can be a bit hardcore -- the folks on the forums there can have a reputation of being not so nice. I would guess the moderators can be harsh as well. The best way to avoid being banned on any forum is to make sure you follow their guidelines. Making repetitive posts can be considered disruptive (especially if it persists after a warning).
Hey, I'm nice there. Just not always here :)

OP, send me a detailed message (without bitching) what's caused it, what happened , etc.. and I'll mention it in the moderator lounge and try and help you out (if you want).

Otherwise welcome to AC

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I'm nice there. Just not always here :)

OP, send me a detailed message (without bitching) what's causing it, how to reproduce, etc.. and I'll mention it in the moderator lounge and try and help you out (if you want).

Otherwise welcome to AC
Continue your strong work there! 😄

The few times I check the forums there to research a problem posed here, I often see some pretty snarky stuff, even from the Mods. But it's been a while, so maybe things have changed for the better lately?

Also, to be fair, a lot of other forums can be on the mean side. Our sister forum over at iMore has been known to be not-so-nice ...

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Continue your strong work there! 😄

The few times I check the forums there to research a problem posed here, I often see some pretty snarky stuff, even from the Mods. But it's been a while, so maybe things have changed for the better lately?

Also, to be fair, a lot of other forums can be on the mean side. Our sister forum over at iMore has been known to be not-so-nice ...

I've retired twice 🙄 out of personal reasons. Over the years, In general it's meant to stay on topic and not get snarky or as you mentioned people will get a little aggro but that's being addressed as well. Here going off topic is a little more accepted.

And in short, like any forum, don't engage, use the report button even towards a mod if it seems disrespectful and someone else will be a second set of eyes.

Things are very organized. There are of course you get a few bad member eggs as with anywhere but the mods sort that quickly. But you REALLY have to Fk up for us to perm-ban you with no warnings. That said, after writing all that and remembering how lenient we are and how the OP posted wording wise here, I'm suspecting this is what it is. But I'm willing to hear their side.

And as for "iMore", I shiver in disgust that you have a filthy mudblood sibgling that caters to Apple lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63